Schonstedt Humanitarian Demining Initiative
Buy a Schonstedt, Save a life.
Now, those who wish to contribute demining tools directly to United Nations Mine Action partners in the world’s most devastated countries can do so. Businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations such as church and school groups, trade associations and service clubs are invited to participate as follows:
- Purchase for donation any number of Schonstedt GA-72Cd magnetic locators at list price, and Schonstedt will match your donation unit for unit
- Schonstedt will ship the units directly to underserved countries according to UN priorities
- Donations are made in the name of the donor (group or individual)
- Donors will be recognized with ‘Thank You’ letters from
- Schonstedt Instrument Company
- The United Nations
- The U.S. Department of State
- The in-country recipient of the donation when possible
- Public relations assistance will be provided on request at no cost
And, most importantly…
each donation represents an immediate and tangible contribution to humanitarian demining where it is most needed in the world… and where it would not otherwise be possible
Click here to download the SHDI Fact Sheet
Contributions of less than the current unit price ($1,041) can be sent to the address below, where they will be aggregated.
Woodstown Monthly Meeting, PO Box 13, Woodstown, NJ 08098
Please indicate in your contribution: “for Humanitarian Demining”. Donations may be tax deductible.
This video tells the story of an innovative humanitarian demining partnership involving the United Nations Mine Action Service, (UNMAS) Schonstedt Instrument Company, the US Department of State and the Society of Religious Friends (Quakers) who have raised funds for donating magnetic locators to mine action programmes around the world.
Produced by Richard Krantz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
View Map of SHDI Units Deployed to Date in a larger map
For more on the threat of landmines and UXO, go to the United Nations E-MINE Website: www.mineaction.org