If you don’t find the answers to your questions below please use our Ask the Tech form to send us an email describing your problem or question.
- Do I need a “Return Number” before sending in my repair?
- No you do not need a return number. Just fill out the repair form (Download Repair Form), print and enclose with your unit.
- What is the repair warranty on Schonstedt locators?
- Repair warranties are for six months. If your repaired locator fails for any reason during that time, Schonstedt will repair it at no charge to you.
- How long does it take to have my locator repaired?
- We will have your locator repaired and on its way back to you within 48 hours from receipt of your approval to Schonstedt for the GA-52Cx, GA-72Cd, GA-92XT, GA-52B and GA-52C and within 72 hours from receipt of your approval to Schonstedt for the MAC-51B, MAC-51Bx, TraceMaster, XT-512 and XTpc. GA-52 locators are usually turned around within 1 week of your approval to Schonstedt.
- How much does it cost to have my locator repaired at Schonstedt?
- Our standard minimum repair charge for the GA-52Cx and the GA-72Cd is $290.00, GA-92 is $309, older GA models - $350 MAC-51Bx - $400.00, and MAC-51B - $500. These prices include a new base and tube, can/cover assembly, tuning, aligning and calibration to its original manufactured specifications and a 6-month warranty. These locators are returned to the customer looking and functioning like brand new. For the TraceMaster and XTpc we will provide an estimate for the repair within 24 hours of receiving it.
- Is the trade in program still available?
- Yes, you may contact Schonstedt or any Authorized Schonstedt Dealer and we will be glad to assist you.
- Can I get my older locator models such as the GA-22, GA-32, GA-52, GA-52B, GA-52C, GA-72Cv, MAC-51B and MAC-51Bx repaired at Schonstedt?
- These models are no longer repairable due to the necessary electronic components are no longer available. We would be happy to offer you a trade-in toward the purchase of a new Schonstedt locator. Please consult with an authorized Schonstedt dealer or contact us for Trade-in details.
- How do I find my instrument’s serial number?
- If your unit is a GA series (not including the GA-92 series) or a MAC series, your serial number will be located beside the batteries (you will need to remove the cover of your unit to access the batteries). On older GA series units the serial number will be stamped in white ink on the side of the battery box. MAC series units also have the serial number on the side of the black transmitter box which is located inside the lid of the orange carrying case.
If you unit is a GA-92 series, XTpc series or XT-512, the serial number is located on the left side of the unit while holding the receiver in your hand. If your unit is an XTpc series, the transmitter also has the serial number located on the side end opposite the connector side end. If your unit is a TraceMaster the serial number is located at the top of the panel on the back of the receiver above the instructions and also on the outside of the transmitter case (lower right corner).
- Is Schonstedt a U.S. company?
- Yes, indeed, We were established in 1953 in Reston, Virginia. We are an employee-owned company and proudly manufacture, design and support our products from Kearneysville, West Virginia, approximately 80 miles west of Washington D.C.
- How do I register my product online?
- Click here to use our Online Registration form.
- How do I contact someone at Schonstedt?
- Use the contact form here.
- What type of batteries does my magnetic locator use?
- The GA-52Cx operates on two standard alkaline 9-V batteries. The GA-72Cd operates on two 9-V Lithium batteries. The GA-92 units operate on one 9-V Lithium battery.