We are committed to providing prompt response and 100% satisfaction.
Most Schonstedt locators returned to the factory for a paid repair will be completely refurbished. Not only will it look like new, it will operate within its original specifications. Use our convenient Repair Form to ensure accuracy.
- Guaranteed 6 Months
- One Day Estimates*
- 2 Day turnaround*
- Toll Free Customer Care Center
- We repair Schonstedt locators, both during and after warranty
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic we cannot guarantee turnaround time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Schonstedt locators do not require recalibration unless the unit is malfunctioning or has been damaged by mechanical shock or other physical damage to the tube or housing.
Cost of Repairs
We cannot provide an over-the-phone estimate until we receive the unit for evaluation.
All repair estimates are completed the same day your unit is received at Schonstedt. Our experienced technician will diagnose the problem at no extra charge & perform the repair only approved by you. While repair estimates are free, our base repair charges for non-warranty repairs are as follows:
- GA-52Cx = $298
- GA-72Cd = $298
- GA-92’s = $508
The above are base charges, your repair cost will increase if sensor &/or pc board is damaged. No billable repair charges will be performed until authorization is received. If you choose not to have your unit repaired we will return it to you at no charge.
Customer Care Center
Open 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST
Toll Free: 1-888-367-7014
Complete the Repair Form in its entirety. Ship your unit directly to:
Schonstedt Instrument Company
100 Edmond Road
Kearneysville, WV 25430
Attn: Repairs Department
- Don’t forget to include a return address and phone number.
- A short note describing the symptoms, shipped with the instrument, can often help us diagnose the problem and expedite the repair process.
- It is best to ship locators in their Schonstedt carrying cases. Insure your packages. It is the responsibility of the customer and the shipper to get the package to us undamaged.
- If your locator has damage resulting from leaking or ruptured batteries, do not remove the batteries.