Our customer support department is committed to providing prompt response and 100% satisfaction. We have a network of several hundred dealers located throughout the U.S. and around the world to provide personal attention and prompt delivery.
Most Schonstedt locators returned to the factory for a paid repair will be completely refurbished. Not only will it look like new, it will operate within its original specifications.
- Guaranteed 6 Months
- One Day Estimates
- 2 Day turnaround
- Toll Free Customer Care Center
- We repair Schonstedt locators, both during and after warranty
Important Note — Cost of Repair.
We can give you a general idea of the cost of your repair over the phone (Toll Free: 1-888-367-7014).
However, we cannot provide an over-the-phone estimate until we receive the unit for evaluation.
All repair estimates are completed the same day your unit is received at Schonstedt. Our experienced technician will diagnose the problem at no extra charge & perform the repair only approved by you. While repair estimates are free, our base repair charges for non-warranty repairs are as follows:
- GA-52Cx & GA-72Cd = $290
- GA-92′s = $309
- MAC-51Bx = $400
- MAC-51B = $500
- Older GA Units (52, 52B, 52C, 72Cv) = $350
The above are base charges, your repair cost will increase if sensor or board is damaged. No billable repair charges will be performed until authorization is received. If you choose not to have your unit repaired we will return it to you at no charge.
Schonstedt guarantees to complete your magnetic locator repair in 48 hours* and your pipe and cable locator repair in 72 hours* after receipt of your authorization to repair. Schonstedt will pay for upgraded shipping if we fail to meet the 48 or 72 hours.
By pre-authorizing your repair on a “not to exceed cost” basis you can reduce the total repair cycle time by 2 days. Jjust state “not to exceed $XXX” (based on above base pricing) on the repair form when you ship your unit to Schonstedt for service.
Customer Care Center
Open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Toll Free: 1-888-367-7014
*(48 hours on GA-52B, GA-52C, GA-52Cx, GA-72Cd only, 72 hours on MAC-51B and MAC-51Bx. Hours are based on actual working days at Schonstedt. Hours are calculated from time of receipt at Schonstedt to return UPS pick-up at Schonstedt.)
If you have a laboratory instrument or a gradiometer, please contact our Customer Care Center directly by phone for instructions prior to shipment.
For all magnetic and pipe and cable locators you may ship your unit directly without a phone call to:
Schonstedt Instrument Company
100 Edmond Road
Kearneysville, WV 25430
Attn: Customer Care Center
Use our convenient Repair Form (72K PDF) to ensure accuracy.
- Don’t forget to included a return address and phone number!!
- If your shipping and billing addresses are different be sure that information is noted with the product being sent for repair.
- Please send only locator products manufactured by Schonstedt Instrument Company to us for service. We do not service products manufactured by our competitors.
- A short note describing the symptoms, shipped with the instrument, can often help us diagnose the problem and expedite the repair process.
- It is best to ship locators in their Schonstedt carrying cases. Insure your packages. It is the responsibility of the customer and the shipper to get the package to us undamaged.
- If your locator has damage resulting from leaking or ruptured batteries, do not remove the batteries. Contact us prior to sending the unit in for repair. Our customer service department will furnish you with essential information and guidance on how to proceed with your repair shipment.